Lizard Island is a destination reserved for a privileged few. Offering only 40 premium rooms and suites in total, privacy and intimacy are assured.
Check-in / out times
Check-in is at 3.00pm / Check-out is at 11.00am.
Location / AccessLizard Island is located 240km north of Cairns and 27km off the coast of North Queensland. It is a National Park covering 1013ha.
Scenic flights from Cairns to Lizard island depart daily except for Monday and Wednesday and are approximately 1 hour in duration.
Private charters can also be arranged.
- For those seeking relaxed privacy and exclusivity, or an island experience unlike any other on the great Barrier Reef.
- Exclusive use of Lizard Island is available for special events such as weddings or for incentive groups.
- Caters to ages 10 years and above.
Accommodation40 rooms including:
- The Villa
- The Pavilion
- Beachfront Suites
- Oceanview Plunge Pool Villas
- Oceanview Villas
- Gardenview Suites
- Gardenview Rooms
- Motorised dinghies
- Picnic hampers for beachside lunches
- Nature slide presentations
- Paddle skis and paddle boards
- Snorkelling equipment and lessons
- Essentia Day Spa
- Research Station tours
- Diving and snorkelling trips to the Inner or Outer Reef
- Dive tuition
- Night diving
- Inner or Outer Reef private diving, snorkelling or game fishing on MV Duyfken (Black Marlin season is from September to November).
- Sunset wine and cheese cruise
What's includedInclusive of accommodation, gourmet meals, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages, selected fine Australian wines, beer, spirits and sparkling wine, in room mini-bar, picnic hampers, use of non-motorised water sports and motorised dinghies. Additional charges apply for cocktails, the Cellar Master list and Degustation menus.
Unique selling points
- All inclusive with premium dining and beverages
- Rated as one of the top ten resorts in the world
- Private and exclusive for just a privileged few
- The northernmost island resort on the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 secluded beaches
- Personal dinghies to discover your own private beach
- Wide choice of activities to enjoy
- World class fishing
- Dive and snorkel in the most pristine and breathtaking reefs
- Gastronomic experiences to delight in every meal
- Caters to ages 10 years and above
- Essentia Day Spa
Eat & DrinkThe nightly room rate at Lizard Island includes gourmet meals, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages, selected fine Australian wines, beer, spirits and sparkling wine, in room mini bar and picnic hampers.
Salt Water Restaurant is the idyllic setting to take full advantage of the views along the seascape. With an emphasis on fresh and superb local produce, the daily changing menus draw on the flavours of modern Australian cuisine, combining a multicultural mix of Mediterranean and Asian flavours.
Guests may take a private dinghy to a deserted beach with a gourmet picnic hamper and for the ultimate Lizard Island dining experience in a private marquee overlooking Anchor Bay.
NatureThe secrets and mysteries of the island are unveiled at the Lizard Island Research Station. A facility of the Australian Museum, the research station is dedicated to supporting the advancement of knowledge and understanding of the Great Barrier Reef. Tours to the research station are available for all Lizard Island guests.
Guided walks and nature presentations are also conducted so guests may experience the nature, flora and fauna on the island.
View our Nature Diary.
ImagesView our Image Gallery