We are committed to maintaining an environment that helps keep our guests safe.
At Lizard Island Resort, we are focused on creating an experience that delights every guest. The health and safety of our employees and guests is always our highest priority.
Our comprehensive COVID Safe Plan has introduced new health and safety standards aimed at helping to keep guests and employees safe while slowing the spread of COVID-19. These include bolstered hygiene protocols to meet or exceed best-practice guidelines.
Lizard Island has implemented the following protocols to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff:
- All staff and guests are medically screened before boarding charter flight to the island. This involves the completion of a medical questionnaire and temperature checks. Anyone deemed unwell will need to see a doctor for clearance prior to boarding their flight to the island.
- Guest rooms are vacant for 24 hours between guest arrivals/departures and fully sanitised.
- Slightly reduced guest amenities provided in rooms (such as hair dryer, iron, ironing board, slippers etc). Guests will have the option to pre-select what they would like during their stay and their room setup will be tailored to their needs.
- Mini Bar is tailored for each guest in all rooms. Guests will pre-select from our daily menu options and the mini bar is stocked with these items only.
- Social distancing applies to all areas.
- Motorised dinghies are available daily and can be reserved between 8am - 12:30pm or 1pm - 4:30pm. All dinghies undergo full sanitation between reservations daily from 12:30pm - 1pm.
- Dining in the restaurant requires a reservation daily. Lunch sitting opportunities are available at 12pm or 1pm. Evening dining opportunities are available at 6:30pm, 7:30pm or 8:30pm. This is to enforce social distancing and cater for all parties.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout resort.
- Guests all receive their own personal hand sanitiser throughout their stay.
- All public areas are sanitised and cleaned 4 times per day. Counter tops and dining areas are sanitised hourly.
- Staff and back of house areas are cleaned frequently and sanitised throughout the day to maintain health of our team.
The luxury specialist Lizard Island team is on hand to offer further planning, advice and assistance with bookings. Please feel free to phone the team on 1800 837 204 from within Australia or email on Luxuryemail@example.com. For further information on the Australian travel restrictions, please visit: www.health.gov.au and for updates on Queensland's measures visit: www.qld.gov.au
For inspiration to travel to Lizard Island, explore more on this website and keep up to date with the news and seasonal happenings on our social media platforms by following @lizardisland.
We look forward to seeing you soon!