Additional Information you need to know for your stayTravel Insurance - WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE
Assisting you to plan your flights to and from Cairns
- Flights depart from the East Air terminal in Cairns to Lizard Island every day except Monday and Wednesday at 2.00pm
- Flights depart Lizard Island to the East Air terminal in Cairns every day except Monday and Wednesday at 11.00am
- Each guest may take a maximum of 25 kilograms of luggage, including hand luggage. Any additional baggage will be subject to available space and weight
- Soft bags are recommended, as large hard-shelled bags will not fit through the aircraft baggage door. The recommended baggage size is no larger than 67cm height x 45cm width x 29cm depth
- Additional baggage over 25kg may be carried on a later flight but this is not guaranteed
- It may also be possible to store additional baggage at East Air, but this must be checked prior to arrival to confirm space is available
What to bring
Make sure you bring swimwear as well as a hat and sunscreen. Hiking boots or suitable walking shoes are also recommended. We have everything you need to enjoy all of the activities on the island available during your stay.
What to wear
Lizard Island does not have a strict dress code but we would suggest relaxed, casual wear during the day and perhaps something a little more special for dinner. For ladies, relaxed evening wear and for men, collared shirts and long trousers and/or tailored shorts. It can get cool at night so please ensure you bring something to keep you warm.
Mobile Phone Reception & Internet Access
There is no mobile phone reception at Lizard Island Resort (phones are available in guest rooms for use at an additional charge). Complimentary wireless internet access is available in the Departure Lounge for guest use.
Credit Card surcharge
Please note if settling your account on departure by credit card, a 1.3% surcharge applies for Visa & MasterCard payments and a 3% surcharge applies for American Express & Diners Club payments.
Cancellation Policy - Year Round
31 days or more prior to arrival: no cancellation fees apply.
CANCELLATION FEE APPLIES
30 -15 days prior to arrival: 50% cancellation fee equivalent to accommodation (per room cancelled) applies, based on original booked dates.
14– 0 days prior to arrival: a 100% cancellation fee equivalent to full contracted rate per confirmed room per night, transfers and pre-booked day tours.
In addition to Lizard Island Terms & Conditions, third party operator terms and conditions may apply to a booking made by the Lizard Island Reservations and are available upon request.
Cancellation Policy - High Season: 18th December 2021 - 7th January 2022
61 days or more prior to arrival: no cancellation fees apply.
CANCELLATION FEE APPLIES
60 - 31 days prior to arrival: a 50% cancellation fee equivalent to full contracted rate per confirmed room per night, transfers and pre-booked day tours.
30 days prior to arrival: a 100% cancellation fee equivalent to full contracted rate per confirmed room per night, transfers and pre-booked day tours.