Depart from Cairns on a charter plane and travel one-hour over the breathtaking Great Barrier Reef to Lizard Island - a wonderful sense of arrival.
Getting to Lizard Island
Arrive at Lizard Island via an hour long scenic flight from Cairns. Flying over a 200-kilometre expanse of the Great Barrier Reef, this part of the journey will surprise and delight you as you take in the beauty, scale and visual diversity of the reef.
Transfers to and from Lizard Island will be booked for you by one of our Lizard Island specialists.
Download our Aerodrome Fact Sheet, here.
Getting to Cairns, Queensland
Cairns Airport is a major regional airport with daily domestic and international flight schedules. Please visit www.cairnsairport.com for the most up to date schedule of flights, or contact your preferred travel agent.
You will be personally met at the airport and driven to meet your connecting charter flight to the island.
What you need to know
- Please advise your arrival and departure details in and out of Cairns at the time of confirming your Lizard Island accommodation booking
- If travelling on an international flight, please allow 2 ½ hours from the time of your arrival to the departure time of your flight to Lizard Island
- If arriving on a domestic flight, please allow a full 90 minutes from the time of your arrival to the departure time of your flight to Lizard Island
Your scenic air transfers to and from Lizard Island are not included in your Lizard Island package rate - unless specified.
One-way transfer - $390 per person
Return transfer - $780 per person
One-way transfer - $420 per person
Return transfer - $840 per person
Assisting you to plan your flights to and from Cairns
- Departure times:
- Departing from the East Air Terminal in Cairns at 11.00am and 2.00pm
- Departing Lizard Island at 12.25pm and 3.25pm
- Each guest may take a maximum of 25 kilograms of luggage, including hand luggage. Any additional baggage will be subject to available space and weight
- Soft bags are recommended, as large hard-shelled bags will not fit through the aircraft baggage door. The recommended baggage size is no larger than 67cm height x 45cm width x 29cm depth
- Additional baggage over 25kg may be carried on a later flight but this is not guaranteed
- It may also be possible to store additional baggage at East Air, but this must be checked prior to arrival to confirm space is available
Your connecting flight will be confirmed once your accommodation is booked and confirmed.
In order to avoid potential costly and unnecessary airfare re-bookings, please do not book your domestic flights to Cairns until your transfer flights to Lizard Island have been confirmed by the resort reservations team, who will be in touch with you directly.
Should you require further information or would like to book your transfers, please contact our reservations team on 1800 837 204 (from within Australia) or US based number 716 276 0104 (from outside Australia), or by email.