Depart from Cairns on a charter plane and travel one-hour over the breathtaking Great Barrier Reef to Lizard Island - a wonderful sense of arrival.
Getting to Lizard Island
Arrive at Lizard Island via an hour long scenic flight from Cairns. Flying over a 200-kilometre expanse of the Great Barrier Reef, this part of the journey will surprise and delight you as you take in the beauty, scale and visual diversity of the reef.
Transfers to and from Lizard Island will be booked for you by one of our Lizard Island specialists.
Getting to Cairns, Queensland
Cairns Airport is a major regional airport with daily domestic and international flight schedules. Please visit www.cairnsairport.com for the most up to date schedule of flights, or contact your preferred travel agent.
You will be personally met at the airport and driven to meet your connecting charter flight to the island.
What you need to know
- Please advise your arrival and departure details in and out of Cairns at the time of confirming your Lizard Island accommodation booking
- If travelling on an international flight, please allow 2 ½ hours from the time of your arrival to the departure time of your flight to Lizard Island
- If arriving on a domestic flight, please allow a full 90 minutes from the time of your arrival to the departure time of your flight to Lizard Island
Your scenic air transfers to and from Lizard Island are not included in your Lizard Island package rate - unless specified.
One-way transfer - $385 per person
Return transfer - $770 per person
One-way transfer - $410 per person
Return transfer - $820 per person
Assisting you to plan your flights to and from Cairns
- Flights depart from the East Air terminal in Cairns to Lizard Island every day except Monday and Wednesday at 2.00pm
- Flights depart Lizard Island to the East Air terminal in Cairns every day except Monday and Wednesday at 11.00am
- Each guest may take a maximum of 25 kilograms of luggage, including hand luggage.
- Regular flights available, which will be confirmed at the time of booking.
Your connecting flight will be confirmed once your accommodation is booked and confirmed.
Any extra luggage you may have can be securely stored at East Air.
Should you require further information or would like to book your transfers, please contact our reservations team on 1800 837 204 (from within Australia) or US based number 716 276 0104 (from outside Australia), or by email.
Please note: there are no arrivals to or departures from Lizard Island on 25 December 2020.